Monday 23 March 2015

ALEX: EVALUATION: QUESTION 6

"What have you learned about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

Here is my visual/audio commentary.

My answer discusses experience with: 
Camera, Final Cut Pro, Titles, Video Effects/Transitions, and Uncopywrited Music sources.

This was created in Movie Maker rather than Final Cut Pro due to prior time commitments.

Further evaluation:
  • In our next project, I would like to look closer into colour management - it's something I didn't get to achieve this time round.
  • I would also like to spend more time behind the camera rather in front of it.
  • Final Cut Pro is a non-cooperative piece of software, and anything is possible. Constantly saving our project every few minutes would be beneficial as some areas of our film seemed to go missing between editing sessions.
  • Stick to the brief - a 2 minute Thriller opening. We ended up making ours 3 minutes long as I didn't know how to find out how long our film was. I've now learned that there is a timeline running across the top of the tracks!
  • We used a lot of cross dissolves in this product - it seemed like a very safe option at the time, but it's definitely something I'm going to consider in our next project.

1 comment:

  1. Really good Alex, a creative way to answer on of the questions.

    ReplyDelete