Tuesday 10 February 2015

FURTHER EXPERIMENTS WITH SFX MAKE UP - BRUISING: MEG

I have just recently got some new Mehron Cream paints, because I'm actually very interested in SFX make up, and theatrical make up as it is. In some of my spare time this evening I was trying them out for bruises by using deep reds, blues, yellows and greens to create these gruesome looks. They go from worse to better...ish. I may film the steps on how to do this in further blog posts, but for now I'll just update you with the three different bruise types I experimented with this evening.    





















 I used GRAFTOBIAN modelling wax to create this gruesome wound on the wrist to make a 'reattached wrist'. Then used a dry blood paste to make the blood still look wet, and then the bruise wheel pallet i used in the previous picture.
























We used this technique in our filming, but on our characters neck.
Here is the finished result.


1 comment: